Tuesday, May 22, 2007

First Swimming experience

I took them out to BITS club they have a nice children pool about 1 - 1.5 feet. Had taken them once they had enjoyed dipping their feet in the pool. So bought them nice swimming shorts. Those tiny short are loose fitting.
Rishabh quickly enter the pool and stood. But he was not willing to let go of me. within a few minutes he started feeling better. I made him walk around bit. after that he started splashing water on bigger kids. He enjoyed when the kid splashed on him.
Rishica took much longer, she refused to enter though she was willing to dip her feet. Her thatha somehow managed make her enter the pool. Once she stood on the ground she quickly started moving about pretty confidently playing started playing with other kids. Rishabh was very hungry after 1/2 hour. He started eating the baby corn Manchurian which was another first for him.
We took them to pool after sometime again. This time both of them freaked out. I enter the larger pool. They some instinctively realize the pool was deeper. they hugged me tightly not letting me go.
The image that is with me is of Rishabh trying to avoid shivering by bending low keeping only is head above the water and moving about. Rishica splashing water about and licking the pool edge.
Both of them once each went under water and did not realize that they just had to stand up to come out of water. They had to be pulled out. There is still an amount of danger for them. We have to be careful especially with me be against aids like tubes. I feel children wont learn swimming if they have the those aids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just started taking swimming lessons in May...and I'm 33! It's exciting and scary all at the same time. Definitely invest in a few lessons from an experienced swim teacher. They can teach you a few techniques that will reduce panic, enjoy the water more, and get more out of each stroke. Most of all, have fun!!!!!!